Sports physiotherapy is physiotherapy services specifically catered to helping athletes return to their sporting pastimes and passions. Assessment of movement patterns, strength and mobility will be combined to create an individual treatment plan, specifically designed to help you return to your sport/activity, pain free. Sports physiotherapy can also focus on decreasing the risk of injury occurring in sport. This work revolves around strengthening and mobility work to best fine-tune the body for the demands placed upon it in the sport. From recreational athlete to Olympic contenders, sports physiotherapy can be beneficial for anyone who wishes to participate in any sport, at any level.
– Quicken return to practice and play in your sport
– Decrease the risk of injury or re-injury
– Exercise prescription/exercise therapy
– Manual therapy (joint mobilization/manipulation, soft tissue work, trigger point)
– Return to sport testing
– Movement assessment to screen for injury risk